Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something old....

During the initial planning stages I was perusing the knot and stumbled upon a picture of some floral centerpieces and the vessels had been collected by the bride and her mother at various antique stores. There in lies my inspiration. So last summer while shopping at the longest yard sale on US-12 near Coldwater/Hillsdale I found some lime green depression glass sherbet cups that I though would look lovely on the reception tables. Along the way I found other pieces made of milk glass that I also thought would look lovely.

Here are most of the pieces I have collected so far. I finally finished purchasing all the pieces I need this past weekend while antique-ing with Joanne in South Haven and then on the way home, Noah and I stopped at one last antique store outside Lansing.



The smaller ones will have a single fuchsia-colored flower floating in water and the larger vases will have a full bouquet.
Luckily I was able to find a florist who is willing to work with me on this somewhat complicated floral scheme, and I know it will be fabulous in the end!

3 comments:

  1. Yay antiquing! Such a fun weekend! So you're done then? I don't need to be on the hunt for more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'm done :-) I got a whole box worth on Sunday....I need to take inventory one more time, then I'll know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! It will be great :)

    ReplyDelete