Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Too Sharp

So here's where the real interaction comes in.... I need your help! Originally we hadn't planned to have any live music at the ceremony. Just a cd player and some of our favorite music. However, one afternoon we were talking to my dad about this and he suggested maybe his friend, Gary's son, Christian might want to sing at the wedding. Christian is in an all-male acapella quartet called Not Too Sharp. What a great idea - this is something I have never seen at a wedding!

So my dad contacted Gary who spoke with Christian and it looks like they are interested in singing at the wedding. Now the hard part - what will they sing? My original thought was "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles and this is still an option. Unfortunately though we have had no other ideas. Please help! Any thoughts? Song suggestions? Anything? Anything? I am thinking we would like to have popular songs along the lines of the Beatles or old standards (think Sinatra, etc.) and nothing too traditional.....

Please, please share your thoughts and ideas :-)

6 comments:

  1. Make sure you HEAR them before the wedding :) I'll think on songs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely - I guess 3 of them are students at Adrian High School and the 4th is the choir teacher. Steve Antalek - have you heard of him? He's been the choir teacher there since I was there. I'm assuming they're good, but we will definitely hear them before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness - Steve Antalek?! That's too funny. He is quite the character. I will talk to my mother and get the scoop on this group...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness?! Is that good or bad? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, Sidael used to be in the choir and I would go to all of the concerts. There were alawys a few outstanding voices who performed solos and duets and whatnot. They were unbelievable. If it's them, or anything like them, you'll love it. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison
    At the worst wedding I ever saw, the bride had the organ play Darth Vader's death march from Star Wars as the processional--it was downhill from there.
    OK, some better "classic" choices: When I fall in love, The way you look tonight-Sinatra, Can't help falling in love, What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong, still the one -Shania,

    ReplyDelete