Thursday, March 26, 2009

The bridesmaid dress saga - finally over!

So last week I finally got to pick up the bridesmaid dresses for the wedding. It only took 4 months for them to come in! I mean give me a break we ordered them mid-November. They were only supposed to take 12 weeks to come in to the bridal shop, Pepe's*, from the designer, Leonardo's* - which would have put us at about mid February for the dresses to arrive. But no - here we are mid-March and the dresses still weren't in. Finally my good friend and bridesmaid Joanne, called the bridal shop and gave them the business about the dresses. This after I had called them several times inquiring about the status of the dresses - and every time they told me "They're in transit." Give me a break, eventually I got to the point where I had had enough, so it's probably a good thing Joanne called because the previous time I had called I probably was a bit less than nice with the girl who answered the phone. Anyway, the bridal shop ended up having to call the Designer who said the dresses were "in transit" (surprise, surprise) from the warehouse in China and would arrive at the designer and then be shipped to the bridal shop. So this time I think they actually were telling us the truth and one short week later the dresses arrived at the shop.


I have to say it was worth the wait though - the dresses are so cute/fabulous/beautiful. And needless to say Elisia, Emily, and Joanne will all look gorgeous in them!


Now it's on to cakeboard painting and decorating, making bridal party gifts, itinerary planning, editing vows, and so much more!
*Names have been changed to protect the guilty - although if you really want to know...
Pierre's bridal shop in Lansing :-\ and DaVinci's designer :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment