Monday, March 9, 2009

Pew Decorations

So the biggest dilemma thus far in the wedding planning has been how to decorate the pews in the church. I've seen several things that I liked but for some reason this wreath stuck with me. It just looks so pretty and sweet. However after talking to a florist she mentioned that these wreaths are very labor intensive and therefore somewhat pricey (and cost-prohibitive for me) so we needed to come up with an alternative.

Noah then had the idea to use foam wreaths and wrap them with ribbon. I loved the idea, but in actuality we decided that maybe they weren't "the" thing that we needed/wanted. The first ones we made were too big and turned out somewhat like lifesavers....we kept them though to see if we can use them any where else.

So then we thought that maybe all we need was some smaller wreaths and some different ribbon, but I'm still not sure I like the way they look hanging from the pews.


So now I'm thinking that maybe we'll just do tulle bows on the pews (I got some lime green tulle also - and it's sparkly!) And maybe I'll try this wreath idea (obviously not in black though) to hang on the doors of the church...maybe.


So....what do you think? I welcome the feedback as I'm somewhat at a loss.

2 comments:

  1. What about small hanging vases- you would get the flowers but not the labor intensive part of the wreath. And to save money you could skip every other row without loosing the effect.

    ReplyDelete