Monday, February 9, 2009

Will anyone read this?

Happy Monday!

I have been inspired by my good friend, Joanne, to start blogging. I thought I would start off by writing about planning for my upcoming wedding. There are only 75 days remaining until the big day and it seems like there is so much left to do! Now that the day is drawing nearer, it is coming down to the details and there are so many it is overwhelming at times. I often wonder (sometimes daily) where I will find the time to do it all. I am taking 2 classes (working on my Masters degree) right now that will be done the first week of March. Of course these 2 particular classes are the most work of any others that I've taken thus far. I will be glad when March comes and I will have a month to do nothing but work and wedding planning.

This past weekend on Saturday I had my trial run for my wedding day hair. It turned out great and I shouldn't have to have another appointment except to get a perm and color before the wedding day.

After the hair appointment my mom, Aunt Sharon, Elisia, Joanne and her mom, Susan, went to Toledo to Hancock Fabrics to look for fabric for the flower girl dresses. My nieces, Hannah and Jillian, will do me the honor of being part of my special day. Joanne's mom will be sewing the girls' dresses so who better to have with us than her! We did find fabric - lightweight satin and a sparkly organdy overlay. Hannah and Jillian will be so cute!


After the fabric store we continued shopping - at the mall in Toledo we were able to find some silvery shrug cardigans for Hannah and Jillian to wear and also silver shoes for the wedding day.

Next up - reception room layout, ordering table runners, and scheduling appointments and meetings....Who knew planning a wedding was so much work?!

4 comments:

  1. I did! I knew! :) What can I help you with? Welcome to the blogging world - I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would blog, but I really can't think of anything I'd blog about... I'm impressed. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited I can't wait! Anna

    ReplyDelete